The Administrative Director shall be responsible for managing the administrative operations of the Firm, including supervising all non-attorney personnel; evaluating and managing the Firm’s operating and information systems; overseeing the Firm’s finance functions; assisting in the marketing of the Firm’s legal services and client development activities; and evaluating, managing and supervising the facilities of the Firm.
The Administrative Director will report to the Firm’s managing partner and executive committee, made up of the partners of the firm, and will meet with the executive committee on a regular, periodic basis. The Administrative Director may consult on an as-needed basis with the executive committee or any member of the Firm so designated by the executive committee for specific purposes. The Administrative Director’s responsibilities, which may be altered or added to from time to time by the executive committee or by action of the members, are described in more detail below:
Responsibilities & Duties
- Personnel and Human Resources Management | The Administrative Director should have a solid background in personnel and human resource management and will be responsible for overall non-attorney personnel management.
- Management of Firm Finances | The Administrative Director should have a strong financial background and will be responsible for the overall financial planning and financial management for the Firm.
- Management of Computer and Other Operating and Information Systems | The Administrative Director should have a broad knowledge of computer systems and other operating and information systems, both hardware and software, as used in a law firm environment.
- Facilities Management | The Administrative Director will be responsible for the overall management of the Firm’s physical facilities and related functions.
- Firm Marketing and Client Development Activities | The Administrative Director will partner with the Firm’s marketing consultant to ensure the marketing of the Firm’s legal services and client development activities are appropriate and timely.
Qualifications & Skills
Successful candidates must have an excellent track record of employment. This candidate should be a fast thinker, excelling at prioritizing and keeping track of multiple projects. Being a quick learner and a team player is a must. A calm demeanor under pressure, the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment, collegiality, poise, and a good sense of humor are equally as important.
We use Microsoft Office Suite; Clio (time and billing); iManage (document management system); and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We offer medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, retirement, pre-tax computer plans, sick, and vacation time. Details of benefits will be discussed at time of hire.
Job Type: Full-time