Renne Public Law Group, LLP (RPLG), named “Top Boutique Law Firm” in California by the Daily Journal, is in search of a part-time and/or on-call legal word processor with five or more years of legal word processing experience to join our team. We are devoted to public law in the public interest. At RPLG you will work among well-known and respected lawyers as they advise and defend public agencies in California.
This position will be 100% remote until at minimum, Stay-Safe-at-Home orders are lifted in San Francisco.
We are looking for a seasoned word processor to assist our attorneys and secretaries with the following:
- Create, edit, format, and modify documents for litigation and administrative matters
- Prepare and format court documents for California state and federal courts
- E-file in all California state and federal courts
- Conduct research on court requirements for filings
- Create TOAs and TOCs
- Prepare and serve subpoenas
- Transcribe audio recordings
- Prioritize and track deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Candidates must have strong communication, organizational and word processing skills as well as a keen eye for details. Willingness to learn and flexibility are crucial as you are responsible for tracking deadlines and document generation.
Candidates must be skilled in the following areas:
- Knowledge of federal and state of California rules
- Preparing and filing/e-filing of court documents
- Knowledge of Local Court Rules
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Best Authority (preferred)
- Working knowledge of document management systems such as iManage and eDiscovery platforms
- Understanding of legal calendaring systems such as Deadlines.com and Compulaw, a plus
We offer medical, dental and vision to full-time employees as well as 401(k) matching and profit sharing. Salary and additional benefits will be discussed at time of hire.