We are Renne Public Law Group (RPLG), named by the Daily Journal as one of the Top 20 Boutique Law Firms in California. Two of our partners are Daily Journal Top 100 Women Lawyers in California, and other partners are California Super Lawyers.
We are looking for litigators with demonstrated academic success, and three to seven years’ experience working on all aspects of litigation including written discovery, depositions, motion practice and trial work, to join our growing practice in the federal and state courts throughout California. Experience in labor and employment law, public sector law and appeals is a plus.
Our firm was founded by Louise Renne, former San Francisco City Attorney, a pioneer of affirmative litigation in the public interest. Our lawyers have decades of experience litigating innovative cases. We practice public law, in the public interest, representing public agencies all over the state in court, arbitrations and before administrative agencies including the Public Employment Relations Board.
If you join us, you can expect to take on major case responsibility including direct client contact, investigations, depositions, court and administrative hearings and trial. A Senior Associate who joined us in 2019 had three trials in his first year. In the coming year, we have an exciting line up of cases. We are looking for an associate who can hit the ground running and who will take ownership of assignments to move matters forward.
Our cases often present thorny and novel legal issues. Many involve challenging questions of state and federal constitutional and statutory law. Below is a sample of matters:
- On behalf of a county, we recently defended an industry challenge to a citizen initiative that presented questions of void for vagueness, federal preemption and other issues.
- On behalf of a hospital dedicated to care for the indigent, we are suing a retirement system for systematically overcharging to the detriment of the hospital’s mission in violation of state constitutional duties.
- On behalf of a public skilled nursing facility, we defended claims in state court of whistleblower retaliation arising out of the facility’s efforts to improve services to its residents and obtained a complete defense verdict.
- On behalf of various public entities, we are litigating cutting edge issues regarding application of the state and federal contracts clauses, including a case pending in the California Supreme Court.
- We have joined with other attorneys to sue opioid manufacturers and large technology companies over their corporate practices.
RPLG is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. RPLG encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, and protected veterans are all strongly encouraged to apply.
RPLG makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
RPLG is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
Compensation is based on experience. The position will remain open until filled. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If our practice is of interest, we would like to hear from you. Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their education, career goals, and relevant experience, along with their resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com.