Renne Public Law Group (RPLG), named a “Top Boutique” in California by the Daily Journal, is in search of a litigation secretary with 5 or more years of experience to join our team. We are committed to public law in the public interest. At RPLG you will work among well-known and respected lawyers as they advise and defend public agencies in California.
We are looking for a full-time experienced litigation secretary who can assist our attorneys with the following:
- Prepare for trials, hearings, and other litigation matters
- Proficiently prepare and format court documents for California state and federal courts
- E-file in all California state and federal courts
- Conduct research on court requirements for filings
- Create TOAs and TOCs
- Prepare and serve subpoenas
- Prioritize and track projects and deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Here are RPLG, candidates must have strong communication, organizational and record-keeping skills as well as a keen eye for details. Willingness to learn and flexibility are crucial as you are responsible for managing deadlines and tracking projects.
Candidates must be skilled in the following areas:
- Knowledge of federal and state of California rules
- Preparing and filing/e-filing of court documents
- Knowledge of Local Rules
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of document management systems such as iManage and ediscovery platforms
- Understanding of legal calendaring systems such as Deadlines.com and Compulaw, a plus
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer medical, dental and vision to full-time employees as well as 401(k) matching and profit sharing. Additional benefits will be discussed at time of hire.
Job Type: Full-time. WFH opportunity and/or hybrid-flex schedule to be discussed during initial interview.
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their relevant experience and career goals, along with their resume to email@example.com.