We are Renne Public Law Group (RPLG), recently named by the Daily Journal as one of the Top 20 Boutique Law Firms in California. Two of our partners are Daily Journal Top 100 Women Lawyers in California, and other partners are California Super Lawyers.
RPLG seeks an associate with 1-6 years of municipal law advisory experience to provide advice to local governments statewide on a wide range of general municipal law matters. Strong writing and analytical skills, as well as a passion for public agency law, are musts.
Experience with the Brown Act, Political Reform Act and Public Records Act is preferred.
Experience working “in-house” with a public agency is a significant plus.
RPLG was founded by Louise Renne, former San Francisco City Attorney, a pioneer of affirmative litigation in the public interest.
Collectively, we have decades of experience and a proven track record serving as chief legal advisors for a variety of agencies. Our lawyers include:
- The Town Attorney of Corte Madera
- Former City Attorneys of San Francisco, Richmond, Santa Rosa and Tiburon
- San Francisco’s former Chief Deputy City Attorney and Chief Assistant City Attorney, and numerous former General Counsel for a wide range of San Francisco departments
- The District Counsel for Moraga Orinda Fire District and Sanitary District Number 2 of Marin County
- The General Counsel for Kensington Police Protection and Community Services District, The East Cut Community Benefit District and Downtown Community Benefit District
- Former General Counsel for San Francisco Local Agency Formation Commission and San Francisco Unified School District
- A former Chief Counsel for the Secretary of State
Relying on our broad experience in this area, we take a solution-oriented approach to providing public agencies, and nonprofits that manage public funds, with legal advice that recognizes the realities public officials face. Our goal is to provide practical and creative legal solutions that provide policy makers with options for achieving their policy goals while minimizing legal risk.