It’s been a tough year. But it has also been a year that shows the critical role public agencies and non-profits play in the life of communities. As our clients have stepped up, RPLG has worked to build an extraordinary team to support them. RPLG is pleased to have added 11 attorneys and policy experts to our staff this year.
Our diverse new hires span a wide range of experience levels and fields, from a recent law school graduate to a police reform expert to a seasoned land use attorney.
Learn more about each of our new hires’ experiences and what they bring to the team:
- Of Counsel Amy Ackerman is a highly experienced former San Francisco senior deputy city attorney who works in RPLG’s government law practice and serves as Interim Town Attorney for Corte Madera. Prior to joining the firm, she worked at the nonprofit ChangeLab Solutions.
- Senior Associate Jamal Anderson is a former deputy district attorney for San Mateo County and has years of policy experience. He previously worked for Speaker Nancy Pelosi and D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser. He works on the investigations, litigation and Public Safety Reform and Innovations teams.
- Associate Anastasia Bondarchuk brings a blend of private- and public-sector employment law experience to the firm’s government, employment advice and litigation practices.
- RPPG Senior Policy Advisor Dan Carrigg is the former Deputy Executive Director and Legislative Director for the League of California Cities. He brings decades of experience in Sacramento to his work.
- Of Counsel Ann Danforth was the Town Attorney of the Town of Tiburon for 19 years. She brings decades of public agency experience to the firm’s government law practice.
- Associate Imran Dar worked in New York State’s Department of Election Law Enforcement as an Excelsior Fellow and was a judicial fellow for U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler.
- Of Counsel Adam Engelskirchen is a real estate transactions attorney with extensive experience in public-private partnerships. He is the former Director of Real Estate for The Presidio Trust.
- RPPG Director of Government Affairs Sharon Gonsalves brings over 15 years of State Capitol and legislative advocacy experience to RPPG. Her areas of particular expertise include transportation, housing and banking.
- Partner Julian Gross is one of the nation’s foremost experts on community benefits agreements in land use development and public infrastructure, as well as in the drafting and negotiating of Project Labor Agreements. He is also an experienced public sector labor negotiator.
- Associate Anujan Jeevaprakesh brings experience in complex civil litigation and a commitment to public service to his work at RPLG.
- Associate Ethan Pawson was a CROWN Attorney Fellow in the Sonoma County Counsel’s Office. He brings public agency experience as well as strong knowledge in planning, development and land use to the firm.