Anastasia Bondarchuk is an experienced associate in the firm’s government and litigation practice groups. She represents both public entities and private sector clients in all aspects of labor and employment law. Her practice includes advice and counsel, litigation, arbitration, labor negotiations, workplace investigations, payroll audits for Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, preparation of employment policies and handbooks and management training. Her areas of expertise include Public Records Act compliance issues, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability accommodation, leaves of absence, whistleblower retaliation, due process, rights specific to public safety officers and labor law.
Prior to joining Renne Public Law Group, Anastasia was an associate at two top national law firms, where she handled a variety of civil litigation before state and federal courts. Anastasia draws further perspective and experience from her time as a law fellow for the City of Berkeley. During her several years with the City Attorney’s Office, Anastasia advised clients on employment, government and healthcare-related matters and successfully litigated cases involving claims under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 and Cal. Gov. Code § 835.
During law school, Anastasia served as a judicial extern for United States District Court Judge Troy L. Nunley (Eastern District of California), a member of the moot court competition team and an editor of the Constitutional Law Quarterly law journal.
- Litvinova v. City and County of San Francisco and Silloway v. City and County of San Francisco, 615 F.Supp.3d 1061 (2022) Represented the City and County of San Francisco in two Fair Labor Standards Act collective actions consisting of more than 300 highly compensated registered nurses who alleged they were misclassified as exempt employees and unlawfully deprived of overtime. Anastasia managed discovery and assisted with the City’s Summary Judgment Cross-Motion papers, which resulted in a judgment for the City.
- Doe v. California State University, Central District of California, Case No. 2:21-cv-06768. Defended state university against state and federal claims brought by former student.
- Clark, et al. v. Alameda Health System, et al. Defended public hospital against claims brought by former employees.
- Represented clients in administrative proceedings before the EEOC and Civil Rights Department.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Harassment Prevention Training for Mayors, Board Members and Supervisory Employees” League of California Cities 2023 New Mayors and Council Members Academy in Sacramento, California
- “Public Employment Relation Board Update,” Public Employer Labor Relations Association California, Annual Training Conference
PRESS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers’ Ones to Watch in 2024
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court
ADMISSIONS AND COURTS
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of California
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Federal District Court for the Central District of California
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of California
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
University of California, Davis, B.A.