About Jennifer Nock
Jennifer Nock, AWI-CH, is Of Counsel in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group and leads the firm’s Workplace Investigations practice.
Ms. Nock has represented employers in litigation in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies since she started practicing law in 1992, and has represented public sector employers in California since 1995. Many of her cases involve claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as claims of vested rights to pension and retiree health benefits.
Relying on her litigation experience, in 1999, Ms. Nock started conducting workplace investigations involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, workplace violence, fraud, ethics violations, and other alleged employee misconduct. Since October 2017, her practice has focused primarily on workplace investigations. Ms. Nock is an Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder, which means that she has "demonstrated success in achieving the core knowledge and skills necessary to successfully perform impartial workplace investigations."
Ms. Nock’s practice also includes training individual clients and groups in complying with employment laws, including sexual harassment prevention training mandated by California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act (“AB 1825”).
- Retired Employees Association of Orange County v. County of Orange, 742 F.3d 1137 (9th Cir. 2014).
- Harris v. County of Orange, 682 F.3d 1126 (9th Cir. 2012).
- Retired Employees Association of Orange County v. County of Orange, 52 Cal. 4th 1171 (2011).
- Retired Employees Association of Orange County v. County of Orange, 632 F. Supp. 2d 983 (C.D. Cal. 2009).
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Member, and Certificate Holder, Association of Workplace Investigators (“AWI”)
- University of Michigan Law School, JD
- University of CA, Berkeley, BA
Admissions and Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts